Saturday, October 02, 2010

7th semester in FKG, USU, a boring yet hectic semester

I’m currently in my 4th year, 7th semester studies in Medan, which means I had been blogging for the 4th year. All the posts in this blog of mine are about me, what is happening to me every now and then, my thoughts and a place for me to feel relieved. Why so? I have friends here but I don’t share everything with them. There are some things that I’ll be keeping to myself. A friend of mine who is currently studying in India taught me; when you’re out of your place, do hold the principle of DTA in yourself. To him, DTA stands for DON’T TRUST ANYONE. He said “Li Ting, trust only you yourself for you won’t betray yourself.” Yes, I do think what he told me was right. So, here in this blog, is a place for me to write out what I’m happy with, what is interesting in my life, what is funny, what stressed me out, etc.

I checked both my diary and the posts in this blog and realized I hadn’t been writing since I shifted to this house in Gang Sehat. Again, leading hectic life is the excuse. I’m sorry readers for leaving this blog dead. Some requested me to blog again. Honestly, I really never thought there are quite many friends of mine who read this. I’m surprised. I thought I’m just writing this for fun but I never thought some others tried to know more about me from the way I’m telling craps here. Well, I guess I shall roughly talk about my life since the blog is dead.

I have a bunch of good friends in Medan though Medan is a lonely city for me. This Chinese Indonesians helped me a lot. They cared a lot for me. I’m touched. I don’t get it why some Malaysian Chinese would think the Indonesians are different, perhaps a level lower? But I think they are great people. They are nice, kind, helpful and caring! They are here, by my side when I need help. They are here to cheer me up when I’m down. They are here to hold me up when I dropped. They are here to face problems and solve problems with me. They make me miss my close friends and family in Malaysia because they act like one =)

7th semester is a semester where we need to be in the general hospital for 6 days, to observe how the doctors are treating patients before we enter our clinical year as co-assistants. 6 days of being a ‘doctor’ in the hospital is fun yet exhausting. It was a great experience there. I got to see many new things where usually I only can see them in pictures on my books. The patients there are mostly of the lower economic class, I pity them when the nurses scolded them. The doctors are good to us, students, also to the patients unlike the nurses who bullied us. One of them made me walk up and down the 3 floors for like 10 times in 15 minutes? I really can lose weight that way! Not only that, she even embarrassed me in front of the patients, scolded me, saying I’m brainless. I think this is very rude and impolite but who cares. I won’t be seeing that lady anymore. That was the first week of my 7th semester.

Done with Junior clerkship, we’re divided into groups in different departments for thesis. I’m given the Department of Dental Radiology. When I got to know about this, I was happy because most seniors told me it would all end fast but at the same time, how am I supposed to search for topics? I don’t like radiation talks. BUT, be reality, face it, I still need to do it somehow. I’ve proposed about 10 topics when he finally picks one. Drg. Amrin is the lecturer who will be guiding me in thesis writing. On the 4th week after I proposed my topics, he told me search for some rare disease and now, the title for my thesis would be “Manifestasi Gambaran Radiografis Goldenhar Syndrome pada Rongga Mulut”. I hope I can get things done fast so that I can join the clinical year earlier but I’m just done with my 2nd chapter now.

Mid Semester is around the corner. I’ll have my first paper on Tuesday and I’m lazy enough not to touch the books till now. I just have no mood to study or do anything. I’m not sure what cause this but I’m trying my best to be my old self again. I prefer my old self, the one who is happy at all times, unlike the lonely me here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...