Monday, January 19, 2009

Playing duet?! I think no more. It is not as simple as you think.

Pharmacology practical has been canceled. Not only that, the schedule for every practical had been changed too and I don’t like the new timetable at all. I’ll have 4 hours break in between the classes after the changed made. I don’t like because I still have to wake up at 5.30am in the morning just for a class and after that one and only class, my next class is in another 4 hours time. It’s wasting my time!

So this is what happened after the long discussion with Zhong Wei about the duet performance. I called Budy for the first time. Budy is a guy I knew about a year ago in a piano expo. I remember him telling me that he is a composer now and also piano teacher. I don’t know how true it is. He was kind enough to say that he is willing to spare some of his time and lend me his music room if I wanted to practice piano. He said I was pitiful without my hubby here. Well, that was a year ago. After having his number for a year without giving him a single call or even a message, today, I called him.

Thank GOD he remembered me after so long! I called him asking for his help to borrow a grand piano for the coming performance. Without a piano that night, it’ll be useless for us to practice. He then told me Era Musika only rent their pianos out, not borrowing us. The price was, expectedly, HIGH: Rp2.5 million for a grand piano and Rp1.5 million for an upright piano. Anyway, Roxanne, the president of MCCC was here today promised to settle these piano problems for us. The next problem is where should I practice?

I then gave a call to Albert, one of my Chinese Indonesian friends. He quickly said yes when I said I need a piano to practice. He asked excitedly if I have to practice for an examination because I sounded like it is very urgent. Of course it is urgent! Guess what?! Both Zhong Wei and Roxanne wanted me to play a classical music. How can I play without practicing? There is only 19 days left and you don’t expect me to go to Albert house everyday do you? I felt so sorry that I troubled Albert so much. He is always that helpful. See, this time, he not only lends me a place to practice, he also will be my driver, driving me from my place to his place for the practice!

Alright, it seemed like all the problems were settled. What about my partner? I always thought Zhong Wei had informed Zheng Kang about this performance. Today when I talked to him, he sounded a little angry because we didn’t discuss anything with him before hand and in fact, we just told him what to do, that is to perform a piano duet, a CLASSICAL MUSIC! That is the part which problems most! I apologized and then discussed with Zhong Wei again at home. Now we decided to play just a simple pop song. Maybe we both will modify a little instead of playing a plain song. I think it must be boring listening to a plain song, looking at two fellows with a huge height differences playing in front. As usual, I’m always the dwarf and the others would be the giant.

Practice will start tomorrow. We still haven’t decided on which song to play. Anyway, hopefully everything will go smoothly that night. I better get off now and do my assignments. Today was the first day back to campus and see I already got lots of assignments waiting for me. I don’t think this semester will be as easy going as what the seniors had told me that night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...