Saturday, November 22, 2008

I’m involved in MCCC events as Organizing Committee again

I had a meeting with MCCC members again at 1.30pm even I already quit myself as the shadow committee in the board. Not only that, in fact, we all FKGs *I meant all Malaysian Chinese students in the Faculty of Dentistry* had decided not to be the members in MCCC for certain reason due to the condition here. As usual, most of them were late. Them here, I meant those who were from the Faculty of Medicine of course. They are never early. I really don’t understand them. We, people from Dentistry are said to be ‘invited’ to be one of the organizing committee and see what they had done. They always make us wait for them for about half an hour. It is a waste of time! Since we are ‘invited’, so I say we are guests so they should actually respect us right? Sigh…

It is a meeting about the coming Chinese New Year dinner. I’m one of the organizing committees. They knew I’m good in talking so, they are smart enough to choose me to be their Master of Ceremony once again with Tracie, Karyn and ZW. Besides, I’m in-charge of ticket sales too. See… there is no way I can deny how smart these people from the Faculty of Medicine. Last year, oh… I meant this year’s (2008) Chinese Ney Year Auspicious Dinner used only 3 weeks for preparation. They did not have enough time to do all the preparations and so they asked for my help last minute to be their MC and they doubted my ability! After the dinner, many praised my job that night and said I brought them high up especially the game sessions. *I’m just being proud of myself, no other means okay?* So, they are here again, looking for me to help them, be their Master of Ceremony, also, selling the tickets in FKG. FKG means Fakultas Kedokteran GIgi (Faculty of Dentistry).

They wanted to make a bigger dinner this time. That is why I got so nervous about all the dress-ups since there will definitely be more people this time. They planned to sell off 500 seats because we managed to get 350 guests during the last dinner even though we only prepared in 3 weeks time. My personal hair stylist and make-up artist is not in Medan anymore. She is indeed a very good hair stylist and damn good in doing make-up. Dixie!!! I miss you so much! She is now studying in Salem, India. She left Medan, I’m not sure of the reason, perhaps she is not so happy with the system here. Now she is in India, studying in the Faculty of Dentistry too but not in second year. She didn’t manage to transfer credit so she is now studying starting from the very basic again.

I wonder who they will pair me up with as for the MC Job. All the other 3 MCs looked so serious. I’m not that kind of serious MC. I’m an informal MC who craps more on the stage. That is my second problem, worry if I can’t cooperate with them well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...