Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dreams

Have you ever thought about your dreams? Do you remember your dreams? Have you ever felt that you don’t want to wake up because the dream is so wonderful, it makes you smile when you’re sleeping? Or do you have nightmares more than sweet dreams? Perhaps you never dreamt? Since young, all these dreams made my curiosity grew higher every time I have a new dream during my sleep. I always thought of the reason on why do we dream while we’re sleeping? What is the meaning behind the dreams? How does this dreaming process happen? When will it happen again? Why don’t we have dream every time we sleep? There are many more questions bothering me when it comes to DREAM.

I once came across to an article about dreams, about 5 to 6 years back. It is a very interesting article explaining on the reason behind the dreams but I can’t remember much about the whole thing since I read it so long ago. I only remembered it said IF we dreamt about something is chasing us, no matter it is an animal or what so ever, as long as there is something chasing us which made us run in the dream, it shows that WE are having problems in our daily life. Many unsolved problems which stressed us out, that are why we have dreams like that. Besides, the article also stated that IF we moved physically when we’re sleeping, hitting the pillow for an example, that is just a reaction resembling our daily life. IF we do hit pillows, it shows that we were grumpy most of the time when we are awake.

Reading article like this, it made me feel like knowing more about dreams. I wondered at times if others have the same condition as me. I often felt my dreams are ‘previews’ on what is going to happen to me when I’m awake, maybe on the day itself or maybe in few days to come. Most of my dreams came true in my life. Sometimes, I don’t even believe myself! I have a friend who told me when we once talked about dreams, she said ‘If you tell your dreams to others, it won’t come true, in fact, if you keep things to yourself, it might happen and only you know how true it is because nobody else knows what you dreamt.’ Believe it or not, I had a bad dream and this is the only dream I shared with another person, my grandma and it turned out that this bad dream didn’t came true *touch wood* I didn’t know why I had this same bad dream again. It happened, the night I finished my last paper for UPSR for the first time, and the second time I got the same nightmare was the night I’ve done my last paper for PMR. I dreamt that I got kidnapped nearby my school (MGS). I still remember the details till today, the location, the people, the situation, how it happened and all. I still remember them well.

I found out my dreams got lesser ever since the day I stepped onto the land of Japan and these precious dreams came to me accurately every time. I remembered there were few times, I got so nervous because examination is around and I dreamt of the scene where I’m doing the particular paper I’m most worried of. Guess what?! On the day where I am supposed to sit for that paper, every single detail happened exactly like those in my dreams.

It had been long since the last time I dreamt. Last Sunday night, which was 4 days back, I had a nightmare. I couldn’t remember the dream but I knew it was a terrible dream where I woke up in the middle of the night. When I’m awake, sat up straight on my bed, trying my best to recall what had just happened, I only remembered picturing red images but I can’t figure out what it is. After thinking for quite some time, forced myself to recall my dream since it bothered me as it made me feel so uneasy, I slowly thought about two things in the dream which were scary to me. I see tooth, not extracted tooth, not a nice perfect tooth in the mouth but a fractured tooth and I see blood. So the red images were blood? Hmm… I then try to forget about it. I think it is because of the lab work again which stress me out.

I told my roommate that I had nightmare but I never told her what I saw. Monday night, I remembered I had another nightmare but this time, I really can’t recall, not a single bit of it. I felt so uneasy in me. I didn’t know why I told my roommate without reasoning, ‘Something bad will happen’. She stared at me but did not utter a word. Wednesday morning, I have IMT practical in the morning as usual. I thought I can get the signature easily as I perfected every single complaint that all the lecturers did. Guess what?! Just before the practical ended, this volcano-like lecturer suddenly commented that my model made is asymmetry. So I have to modify it. Whether I have to redo the whole thing or how I am going to do it, that is all up to me. I spent time these two days mending my work model at home thinking of why it gave me so many problems. Am I weak in doing all these models? Is it because of I got no skill? I am not talented? Or what? What else reason can it be?

Now, it is Thursday already. I only got a day left until my next practical. I wondered if I have enough time restructuring the model. I didn’t manage to do it well. All I did was adding gyps, cutting gyps, add and cut, add and cut, continuously. The angle just doesn’t seem to be right. When it is correct on the maxillary model, it has problem with its mandible and it went the opposite way too. I got fed up with this adding and cutting! I suddenly thought about the nightmare I had few days back. Does the dreams related to this work model? I saw fractured tooth in my dream. Now that I add and cut so much, both the 3rd molars for the maxillary arch were cut a little. Hopefully it won’t reduce a lot of my marks. I saw blood, which was a bad sign. Does it mean this restructuring job is really hard to do? Am I crazy relating my dream to this? Or am I superstitious or what? But there were really many things which I dreamt, had really come true.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...