I’ve just chatted with Zhong Wei. I realized for the very first time that he can be serious when he wants to. In fact, I do think every person has this gesture of getting serious when one has to be. We were discussing about the coming Chinese New Year Auspicious Dinner 2009. This will be the second time I’m co-operating with him. He is, to be frank, a nice guy to be spoken of even though he loves disturbing others at times. Of course, I would forgive him if he had done anything wrong because I know I might have done something like that too.
I thought he was joking when he told me last year that he wanted a duet piano performance for the coming dinner. Tonight, he is here, in my room, telling me that he is serious with it. He wanted me to play the duet with Zheng Kang. I bet he must be a great player as he said he used to compose songs. Even though his hard work had never been chosen by those music companies to be sung by those famous or infamous singers but I do think people who can compose are really amazing! This made me think of Andrew, a guy I knew from tuition. I don’t really know him to be honest. I only know him by his name but it was said that the songs written by him are nice songs.
Performing on stage! It has been long since I last perform on stage. Speaking of performing on stage, I realize, every time I performed, it will be something related to music. Most of them, of course, I was the pianist! Remember I was the pianist of my old schools, both primary and secondary. I was the pianist for the choir group in my school where I remember we were the first runner up of the province. There were few time where I conducted, for choir, also for the marching band.
Oh yeah, duet! I actually played duet with Phei Yee. We practiced everyday in the school hall, actually for no reason until the principal complains both of us and banned us from touching the piano other than school functions since I was the pianist of school, she can’t forbid me from touching the piano until I graduate, right? *giggles* Anyway, perhaps because of the disturbance caused, which was actually not really a disturbance because the song we both played were really nice, we were wanted to perform in one of the school’s functions. Of course, we played the song we practiced for fun and guess what! To my surprise, most of them under the stage cried after hearing what we’ve played. Looking at the audience, my tears rolled too! I never thought our song can be that touching. It was ‘kiss goodbye’.
There, another time I was playing duet with Arita So. He is a Japanese student exchange to my hometown. With Mr Khoo’s (my piano teacher) help, we played two songs for MGSS International Understanding Day 2006. Sou-kun was playing violin while I was the keyboard player. I guess the last time I performed was the concert held in Kelantan? That was where I and the others from Khoo Academy perform together on stage in one of the hotels. It was an orchestral and I was one of the two keyboard player that night.
This is 2009 now. Can I perform flawlessly like the old me? I haven’t practiced for more than two years already. Can I perform well for the coming dinner as a good pianist also as a good MC on the same night?
No comments:
Post a Comment