Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009

This will be the first time in my life celebrating Chinese New Year alone without family and close friends. I wonder how it would be like celebrating alone without any relatives around, without angpows, without knowing where to go. In fact, I have to attend classes on the second day of Chinese New Year. Usually, I’ll spend my second day with all the music geniuses because Mr. Khoo usually had open house on the second day so all his students will be gathering there and from his house, there will be few drivers provided to go around Kuantan getting angpows from other teachers and also parents. I was one of the drivers.

It is sad to know I’m not going home this CNY. I miss celebrating it with my family! Anyway, I think this might be a good experience. See Theng just came to my house telling those Malaysian Chinese students in Medan who are not going back for CNY, will gather and have a reunion dinner together. So I will definitely join the dinner this Sunday! After the dinner, I might visit the temple with See Theng. I can’t wait to visit the temple here. Guess what?! I always get excited while waiting for the moment of 12am for the praying session. I got really happy that time I don’t know why and then I’ll sleep real late, perhaps in the morning because I’ll be spending my night with my cousins.

My neighbor, Aunty Linny and her husband just chatted with me a while ago, telling me not to worry because Medan is a place way better than Jakarta. When I’m in the temple this coming Sunday night, I’ll understand. It’ll be very crowded! Oh, I can’t wait! I already figured out what to wear for the reunion dinner, also the next day, also for the respective dinners held for this Chinese New Year. It all looked so fun! I’ll be going to shopping tomorrow with Joanne because she hasn’t bought any new clothes for CNY. Me? I’ve brought them from Malaysia! *giggles*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...