Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tiring week

Chinese New Year celebrated in Medan for the first time ever was not so bad after all. I had reunion dinner with friends for the first time in my life. We took 5 tables in Randy’s Restaurant. The food was okay, no comment, I say. While waiting for 12am for prayers, we sang in the hall. Not to say really ‘we’ actually, they sang, I listened. I didn’t know why but I’m not really in the mood to sing that day. On the very night, I got to know Rudy and Henny were not couples which I always thought they were one. I then followed the others to the temple by Randy’s car. Randy is See Theng’s friend, the son of that restaurant’s owner. It was crowded and that holy place is full with smoke, those joss sticks’ smoke. I bought those joss sticks and others I needed outside the temple. It was said that buying outside is much cheaper. The decoration in the temple was really nice. I met an auntie there whom I chatted with her for a while. As usual, people asked why I chose Indonesia for my studies and I answered the same old answer, CHEAP!

First day of CNY was spent sleeping in the morning. I felt very tired due to the messy timetable of our classes in the campus. I gave mama, papa, Onn, grandma, Auntie Joan, and Ann a call respectively once I’m awake. After preparing myself, I went to Kai Liang’s house. He had open house that day at 2pm but I went at 3pm. There I watched people gamble at first where I joined a few games of black jack in the end. Joanne, Mee San, and me then went to Sun Plaza for potato chips hunting, contact lenses (Joanne needs them), and poker cards hunting. We had sushi for light dinner and head back home right after getting all the stuffs we need. I invited Navissha, Uma and Albert Pangtono to my house since Roxanne and others said they wanted to come to my house for another gambling session. Albert didn’t come in the end. Surprisingly, I won about Rp16,000. Congratulations to me!

I attended classes the next morning but I skipped pharmacology lab. I planned to change the subjects I’m taking this semester but my final decision now is stick to what I’m taking. The night of the second day of CNY, I had dinner with Albert Pangtono at Traders. I heard from Peik Chin that Traders is the most expensive steak house in Medan. I thought I wanted to treat Albert since he has been helping me so much since we’ve known each other but somehow he treated me again in the end. After dinner, we had ice cream from Mc Donald’s in the car. We took the drive-thru. Arriving home, I went to Johnathan’s house, watching Joanne and others practice their para-para dances for this coming DSC CNY dinner. They all looked very funny.

Third day of CNY, I had classes as usual but this day is a bit different. I had ‘ilmu gizi’ class which means it is all about nutritional studies. It was fun for the first class. I can’t wait for the next class! I think I can learn what to eat and what not to eat so that I can be thinner from this class! Natasya taught me not to skip meals but take very little intake for every meal and that I must eat healthily, less oil food in order to be thinner. I’m in dilemma; I don’t know what to do. I want fast effect, I want to go thin! I felt my pants are a bit loose now, I wonder if it is because I’m thinner or that pants is originally bigger or that pants expand after washing.
So here I am today, the fourth day of New Year but it seemed to me, nothing special happened. I must keep with my diet, a meal a day! These days I’m eating a little more for a meal a day. Today is another tiring day. I can see the dark circles under my eyes. I need sleep desperately! I went to Albert’s house with Zheng Kang today, practicing piano for MCCC CNY dinner. On the way back, he told me that my name is exactly the same name as his girlfriend. That is why he felt awkward every time he calls me. I’ll have pretest for Dental Radiology Lab tomorrow. So I guess I can’t sleep early tonight. Sighs…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...