Friday, January 23, 2009

Busy days

(1.37PM)
I had Dental Radiology lab for the first time today. The lecturers here are all nice. The whole session was so relaxing. We didn’t do anything for practical today except listening to rules and regulation in the lab as usual. But I still have few complains for this lab. This lab was surprisingly small (we were all seated like sticking to each other) and there is only one small fan in this room so it is hot and stuffy inside. The worst is we were all under the risk of getting the radiation because I can see those doctors and also my seniors taking X-ray for patients in the next room with our doors and windows opened widely as if we are all welcoming the radiation!

So the Head of Dental Radiology Department asked us for a little favor as we are in the international class. She wanted us all to write a letter to our dean, complaining about the conditions in the lab so that the university will spare some money to repair this department. I think this is the class representative’s job, writing letter and all, I’ll just follow the majority. Of course, if there is letter, I’ll sign it!

Funniest part about this lab is that the head of department, Drg. Trelia, quite a nice lady, wanted all the girls to make up before attending the practical, also, she wanted us to put on perfume. OMG! Make up for classes? Am I too free for that?! Oh right, I admit sometimes I do put on mascara and go but now she wants lipstick. RED lipstick OMG! Who on earth at my age will put on bright RED lipstick?! She asked Hanifa if she is okay with this make-up thing, she quickly asked if we can put pink. Guess what, Drg Trelia was telling me like ‘you’re very pretty originally already, I’m sure all the guys will fall for you when you make up’. OMG! I think I felt so embarrassed suddenly when she said that. Of course I’m happy with the compliment but what if the guys all think I’m actually ugly? OMG! People will just laugh at me. In addition, I’m not thin. I’m plump, chubby and all, how can she consider a person like me ‘very pretty’? Lol.

(4.48PM)
So I attended the DSC meeting which was another unorganized club. The meeting ended up with only 6 people attended. I don’t know who suggested my name into this ‘biro ekonomi’ and this president was telling me, my job in this committee is really easy. All I have to do is to think on ways to earn money for the committee since there isn’t any income in this committee and that my partner is Amirah. Thank GOD she is someone I knew.

I gave her two ideas on ways to earn money. First, it is exactly like what we are doing all the while in our secondary school, called ‘dedication’ where people orders some mini present sort of thing, and us, the sellers will deliver them to the recipients. I suggested us to do this dedication on this coming April fool. Since there isn’t any event coming on, CNY is too near to get things done, so I think April fool might be quite a good idea to send funny surprising stuff to friends. Second, also another business on selling stuffs. We planned to sell flowers or chocolates during the graduation seasons so that juniors can send flowers or presents for the seniors.

Right before the meeting ends, I suggested the third way to earn money. That is, finding one or two cameramen to snap some photos during this coming CNY so that they can sell them. The president is very happy with my suggestions and said she was lucky she didn’t pick the wrong person. I, in fact, can really think of ways on earning money for the committee *as if* but anyway, I’ll take that as another compliment. Well, now it is time for me to go take my third bath of the day. Then I’ll go to Sun Plaza with Joanne. She said she hasn’t got any new clothes for CNY so I’m accompanying her there. I bet I’ll be in real rush because I got presentation to get ready on for tomorrow’s 8am class. Gosh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...