Monday, January 03, 2011

22nd birthday

It was my 22nd birthday yesterday. I thought staying here in Medan myself would be lonely. I thought I would go through my birthday myself for the first time. To my surprise, on the very first day of this year, 2011, my girlfriends had posted and shared a video they made. I was touched. I was happy. I was speechless even though the short video was nothing much. I would celebrate my birthday with these girls every year and this year is the first year without them and they managed to make me feel they’re here next to me this birthday with the cake in front of me at my screen. I love you girls!

My brother rang me at 12am sharp (Malaysia time) saying nobody else could call me that time because my brother somehow must be more important than others =) cute little brother I have. We were chatting for so long I guess his credit dried. I hope his girlfriend won’t be mad at him ^^ A while later when I was talking to my brother on the phone, I heard some sound outside. Honestly, I guessed it would be my friends since I received one of the wrongly sent messages saying they’ll make a surprise celebration for me but somehow, staying alone in this house, hearing people knocking the door outside that late, I’m a little scared too.

I tried looking out from the window but it was so dark I can’t see a thing. So I opened the wooden door and there I saw this cake with a candle lit on it and balloons around it! Oh balloons~

I didn’t know when I started fancy them! Then I realized there were a few others outside the gate because only 2 boys jumped in to arrange the cake and all. There we did the usual thing, sang song, made wish, blew candle, cut cake, ate cake and oh ya, Roxanne bought us some fried chicken from Texas.

Chun and Loong both made drink for us. Wei Sheng was busy taking photos =)

Bong asked why we didn't take photo of him preparing stuff so he pretended this and we took it =X

Then See Theng and Bong argued over the plan of surprise party they wanted to do. It’s so funny to see See Theng would argue with others all the time.

See Theng told me what she planned. The one we celebrated last night was Bong’s plan. See Theng and Roxanne gave me a hat as my birthday present. See Theng said I was hinting her to buy me the hat. I seriously wasn’t hinting you, See Theng! I think the hat I loved was very expensive and not worth it. There’s this hat I saw once in the mall when I went shopping with Bell.

I tried on it and Bell assured me I look good with it, of course because it matches the clothes I wore that day when I went out with her. I told See Theng about it when I went shopping with her, getting present for Ethan. She lied to me saying she needs to work the next day. She actually went and gets the hat for me!

Thank you very much See Theng and Roxanne.

Grandma’s call woke me up. I can’t believe she really remembers every of her grandchild’s birthday! I called her back since the line wasn’t that good and talked for quite a while, telling her about my coming convocation =) I had another session of drama marathon towards evening. See Theng and Roxanne came back from hospital to have dinner with me. The restaurant named The Paddock is still new.

I thought they should be providing us better service. To our disappointments, their service sucks, their food are tasteless, and they’re expensive!

This cup of carrot juice on the left costs Rp. 15.000 (around Rm5.50) and iced tea on the right costs Rp. 8.000 (around RM2.90) OMG! Just a glass of iced tea!

I hope there won’t be any spot check in the hospital right now or else I wonder what will happen to these two girls, running out of the hospital without permission to have dinner.

Besides, there were many who wished me online, also via sms. Some even called me and sang birthday song for me. I appreciate all these good friends I have. I love you all buddies! Thanks for the present, thank you for the preparations, thank you for the arrangements, thank you for the celebration, thank you for the surprises, and thanks a lot for the wonderful wishes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...