Friday, November 12, 2010

spoilt cream caramel flan

I always wanted to prepare myself some dessert for stress relieving though I have not much stress these days. I’ve been enjoying my life a lot lately. I thought of making cream caramel flan since Josephine had done pudding previously. Yesterday was a great day as no one was using the kitchen. One of my housemates was dreaming on her bed, the rest of my housemates went out, so there left me and Josephine again who were free enough to make a mess in the kitchen XD We read the instructions on how to make a flan and there we went boiling sugars with a tablespoon of water until it caramelized. It took quite long and we boiled it longer. I thought the chocolate colour looked good =.= it went blackout again while we were boiling. This is Medan. But we continued with our cooking in the kitchen with an emergency light and torchlight.

Then, I poured the caramelized sugar into the mould. Josephine helped me of course. While pouring it into the mould, we finally understood why we shouldn’t stir while boiling the sugar because it would harden and stick together if we do that. Josephine was smart enough thinking of ways to clean the pot of unused caramel. Next, it’s time to mix the sachet of vanilla flavor powder into the fresh milk. Boil 250ml of fresh milk and then mix the sachet of powder into it. After that, mix the mixture with 750ml of fresh milk. Boil for 1 minute and then pour them into the mould above the caramelized sugar. Let it cool and keep in fridge. Serve later when it’s cold =) There, we’ve done our ‘messing up the kitchen’ last night. Of course, we cleaned the mess after that. Electricity was still off.

I had class till 12pm today, ate bak kut teh with a friend. It’s Friday and it is the day I shall clean my house. It’s arranged that way in my house. One person a day. Josephine checked out the fridge when I’m done with my cleaning. I guessed she wanted to get herself a little relaxed? She is busy with her thesis. Only then, we found out OUR CREAM CARAMEL FLANS ARE SPOILT! *cries* I’m not sure who in the house had rearranged everything in the fridge and placed my flans on top of each other, causing the sugar to drip all over. OMG! Why can’t they find ways to place them nicely? Josephine and I then rearranged everything in the fridge again so that our flans our nicely placed. A big huge sigh. They look so ugly now. Oh by the way, it tasted good! The only thing to complain, caramelized sugar was boiled too long =.= will be paying more attention on the timing the next time I do it XD

Look at how DIRTY my flans are now. Oh btw, how do we rotate photos here? I've got the photo rotated before I upload this but it still look like this T.T


2 comments:

lai said...

oi charcoal, dun tipu ppl in ur blog la.
1. i noe it sure taste not so good.
2. ur flan is too ugly 2 show 2 ppl.
3. u eat finish, then oni u remembered 2 snap the pix.
wahaha... XD

~~~ joking nia~~~~

why din save some for me?? i aso 1 2 taste ma. i can gv comment so tat u can improve on doing it nx time. hehe

drltpan said...

reply to grossman:

LOL. hey, free to come over to taste the flan? Come come.. still got a lot XD oh I edited the post. Now got photo d =X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...