Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Ways to get more guests for the dinner. We’re going all-in!

I got Felicia’s number from Harry. I called her in the evening and was glad that she still remembers me! I chatted a while with her and talked to her about this coming charity gala. I think she might come since she said ‘If I cancel going for movies with friends, I will come to your dinner.’ I am very happy listening that. She told me she is now studying in Institute Trade and Business (IT&B). Meanwhile, I got a bad news from Madam Bindu (Kavita’s mother). She said she was busy and will give me a call today.

The organizing committees came to my house for meeting at 5pm. There, Roxanne asked me to accompany her to IT&B for promoting the tickets because we are now in deep trouble. Our target was 500 guests but right now, we only sold out 130 tickets and there is only another 2 days left! *sweats* So, I went out with Roxanne last night to IT&B. I met Felicia there and she is still as pretty as I first met her. Then we meet Rubin, who brought us around the college and helped us a lot. Felicia was in real surprise seeing I know Rubin. Who is Rubin? Remember I met him in Medan Musik the other day. The damned HOT guy!

Rubin drove us from IT&B to another college where he asked his friend’s help to promote our charity gala. Guess what?! He brought the fliers we gave him everywhere he went so that he is well prepared when he needs it. HELPFUL! There is only one word to describe him. No! No! Helpful and Hot! Where else on earth can you find a guy this hot and helpful?! OMG! He is friendly and funny too. After doing all the promotion last night, we had dinner in Gardenia. Rubin treat us! *arigatou gozaimashita* Gardenia here I’m talking about is a romantic place for dinner, outdoor candle-lit with separated table far away from each other, not the famous bread brand in Malaysia. The potato skins sold there were marvelous!

Today, in IMT lab, boring as usual, Nabilah suddenly came to me and talked about this coming CNY Auspicious Charity Gala. I wondered why she would ask about it in a sudden since she had long told me that she and the other Malays are not coming for the dinner. Bong managed to talk to her about the dinner today in the lab saying this dinner might be the last dinner organized by Malaysian Chinese. Many of them were touched and told us they will consider again if they are coming because they all know how successful our dinner last year was. That is why they will feel regret if they don’t join this so-said ‘last dinner’. I bet many of the guests are expecting better performance and programmes from us. I’m a bit worried. Hopefully we don’t disappoint them.

I have good news and a bad news from Madam Bindu. Bad news is that she and her family will not come for the dinner while the good news will be se is sponsoring two prizes for lucky draw. Even though they are small but at least she sponsored something. That shows that she wanted to help us too. She even said it is okay if we didn’t put her name in the booklet as one of the sponsors.

I went three colleges (Mikroskil, Harapan, and IBBI) tonight with Amie and Zhong Wei. We distributed many fliers. Hopefully all these fliers help in increasing the number of guests this Saturday. To my surprise, Fransisca who told me she won’t join us this year all the while, suddenly texted me asking if I still having extra tickets because she needs two tickets. She might bring Fendi. Fendi was said to be a very handsome dude. Well, hopefully he’ll come and there I can meet him! This good news continues with the presence of Hargo’s message. He said he might need 5 tickets. He himself, Jefry, Desi, Robert, Wenti and her boyfriend might be coming too. Hargo has been very helpful too! He helped a lot in inviting all the Indonesian Chinese studying in the regular class to come to our dinner.

I feel really grateful having all these helpful people around me. Back home, Abang Adit, the immigration guy was waiting outside my house which gave me a great shock! Luckily I have Zhong Wei next to me. That really made me relieved a little. I thought of telling him to come for the dinner too but he is going to Brastagi. I then had dinner with Zhong Wei where we chatted for so long. I shared with him most of all the problems I’m facing here. I didn’t know he realized I’m in such a condition where I desperately need a listener.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remarkable idea and it is duly

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...