Tuesday, September 23, 2008

carving

I'm proud with my hard work in carving teeh according to real teeth as samples, using melted tooth wax piece. Even though I didn't carve them that well but I'm proud with the 8 carved teeth I've done. I was wondering how come I am the slowest among all the others in this house of mine. Is it because I'm just unlucky? Or am I really slow in doing everything? 


The process of carving is not that easy I can say. I have to go to Matahari Dental Supply, which is the only dental supply I know around Medan to buy these tooth wax piece. Melting these wax are easy but pouring them into the blocks really need some skill otherwise the blocks made will be full with bubbles with low stability! Thanks to all my housemates who did these processes with me. After pouring the wax slowly into the blocks, we have to knock it softly so that the bubbles will come up. At times, when we didn't pour enough wax into the blocks, we have to add them up so that it is according to the size our lecturers wanted. Next, we have to let them cool and dry. 


These are the equipments we used to do the wax blocks


Melting the tooth wax piece


Adding wax

Wax blocks succesfully made for 6 people (me, Joanne, Chun, WS, Loong, Bong)


Carving in the lab is stressful. We have to hurry in the lab to get the approval from lecturers and then do the next step. Frankly speaking, I think lining up to get signatures from lecturers are a waste of time! I wasted plain 6 hours on the long queue in getting the lecturer's signature. At that moment, I'm so left behind as other friends are all faster than me. I felt so stressed out, I felt like crying at the same time BUT li ting is still li ting! I hate myself crying in fron of others. 


Measuring the size of tooth that I'm going to carve

Maxillary canine done halfway


Thanks alot to mummy who supported me everytime I'm down. She told me not to panic and take it  easy. I'm indeed very lucky that I easily get the other signatures for my molars compared to my maxillary premolar.

Take a look at my premolar which took me 6 hours to complete it! A tooth done with frustrations~

occlusal view of the tooth

palatal view of the tooth

mesial view of the tooth

distal view of the tooth

Long queue. I'm still trying to satisfy my lecturers so that they give me signature. SPOTTED Drg. Sumadhi sitting behind explaining to students on their mistakes. He was said to be a perfectionist and so it is very hard to get approval from him.

Discussing with friends on how to finish these things faster =.=''


Finally, my hard work pays =) All eight of them stand handsome-ly and steadily for photoshoot session *giggles* I even have extra time to fool around with friends in the lab after I finish carving and touching up all eight teeth.

from left: maxillary incisal, mandibular incisal, maxillary canine, mandibular canine, maxillary premolar (longest time took to have it done!), mandibular premolar, maxillary molar, mandibular molar

occlusal view of all eight teeth according to the sample real teeth in front of them

Dental Material laboratory. This is the place where I had practicals on carving.

Nothing else better to do in the lab after we've done with all the crazy carvings =.='' This is plate of sushi made specially for you readers lol

lalala~ IMT lab just ended. Always remember the box to be brought home. It contains alot of important tools *winks*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...